Junior Front-End Web Developer
The job holder will be responsible for working within the web change team to support in the general site maintenance of over 1,000 websites. The chosen candidate will be an adept coder and be able to implement high quality content to match existing branding as a matter of continuity. They will be expected deal with incoming communications with confidence and courtesy and have ability to work under pressure while problem solving customer facing issues.
- Managing inbound calls and emails in regards to website amendments.
- Creating high quality artwork using the adobe suite whilst maintaining brand consistency.
- Optimising customer platforms for maximum speed and performance.
- Developing new user-facing features using multiple coding languages.
- Collaborating with internal colleagues to troubleshoot and to improve usability.
- Working in a fast-paced environment and adhering to strict deadlines.
Ideal candidates will:
- Proficient understanding of web markup language, including HTML5 & CSS3.
- Proficient understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms such as LESS.
- Ability to create high quality graphics using the Adobe suite including Photoshop & Illustrator.
- Good understanding of cross-browser & cross-device compatibility issues and how implement workarounds.
- Some knowledge of SEO principles and how to best deploy them.
- Have a keen eye for graphic & web design and the ability to write clean, semantic code.
- Up to date with current web trends and the ability to adapt to the ever changing discipline.
- Have an understanding of the BEM naming convention and how best to implement it.
- A basic understanding of the Gulp development package.
Equipment & Software:
- Apple Mac
- Atom text editor
- Adobe Suite
Winton House, Stoke Road, Stoke-on-Trent, ST4 2RW (Excellent train links)