Senior Full Stack PHP Developer
In today’s dynamic Motor Dealer environment, Click Dealer understand the importance of new, innovative solutions to improve dealer performance and build customer loyalty.
We have over 20 years’ experience, with over 1,500 dealership clients and a portfolio of award-winning products including: websites, dealer management systems, lead management, stocking solutions, finance technology and lead generation digital marketing services.
The Clickers, as staff here are affectionately known, are the key to our success and we aim to provide them with a supportive and entrepreneurial work environment that fosters collaboration and allows our people to take responsibility, be successful, improve our business, improve our customers’ business and grow their own skills and personal development.
Main Job Purpose
The Senior Developer will be responsible for developing bespoke websites/systems utilising PHP, Laravel/Lumen and MySQL skills for deployment on AWS.
The Senior Developer will play a crucial role in developing our own products and must be comfortable with embracing new technology and development practices particularly relating to the cloud.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Building and maintenance of PHP/Laravel based applications.
- To design and develop APIs, relational database systems and web interfaces.
Skills and Attributes
- Strong PHP/Laravel Programming Experience including in a lead role
- Understanding of architectural patterns and practices including SOLID principles
- Experience building flexible restful APIs (JSON)
- Strong database knowledge, specifically MySQL
- Passionate about creating and delivering high-quality code
- Experience integrating with web services/APIs
- Knowledge of agile development and working as part of an agile team (Jira/Confluence)
- GitHub Actions and Argo CD or similar Continuous Integration/Deployment tooling
- Test Driven Development experience desirable
- AWS/Docker/Kubernetes experience a great plus
- Other languages such as Node or exposure to cloud/serverless development a big plus
- Joining a welcoming, family run business with a friendly atmosphere and a vibrant office
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- All public holidays plus 21 days (which includes an extra day off for your Birthday)
- Employee benefits scheme which includes various discounts at food chains, gyms, retailers etc.
Winton House, Stoke Road, Stoke-on-Trent, ST4 2RW (Excellent train and bus links)