Family Holiday Cars Top Sellers In June
- July 8, 2019
- Posted by: John Swift
- Category: Automotive Industry
Families and summer holidays seem to be dominating the thoughts of car buyers at the moment as MPVs, SUVs and estates were the fastest-selling used cars last month – with a few optimistic buyers perhaps believing our summer will continue pushing convertibles up the sales charts too!
A low mileage, 2018 Citroen Grand C4 Picasso seven-seater was the fastest off the forecourts last month. It took an average of just 18 days from going on sale to finding a buyer. Perhaps it is a sign of the times that in the case of the absolute fastest selling cars, petrol versions were preferred over diesel vehicles.
In fact, June was an excellent month for the French family favourite MPV. As well as the Grand C4 Picasso taking first place nationally, it secured top 10 positions across a number of the 13 regions and countries tracked. North West (2018 diesel manual – 28 days), Scotland (2018 diesel manual – 14 days and 2016 diesel manual – 17 days), Wales (2018 diesel manual – 19 days), West Midlands (2018 diesel manual – 22 days and 2016 diesel manual – 25 days) and Yorkshire (2018 diesel manual – 20 days).
Elsewhere, Citroen rounded off a successful start to the summer with its C1 city car topping the list in both Scotland (2017 petrol manual – 10 days) and the North East (2017 petrol manual – 20 days).
According to Auto Trader’s monthly second-hand car market analysis, estates were the most popular body types looked at on Auto Trader. Making up one in five (21%) of all body type searches in June, followed by SUVs which accounted for 17%.
Karolina Edwards-Smajda, Auto Trader’s Director of Commercial Products, said:
“We naturally often see seasonal trends and spikes on our marketplace, with car buyers heavily influenced by the weather. However, keeping on track with changing consumer demands and ensuring your forecourt reflects the most desirable makes, marques and body types is not always easy. Using data to help complement your own expertise can not only help drive more sales, quicker and for more profit, but also give your business a competitive advantage.”
UK’s Top 10 Fastest Selling Used Cars in June 2019 with the average time to sell and average price:
- 2018 Citroen Grand C4 Picasso MPV petrol/manual. 18 days, £16,069
- 2017 Mercedes-Benz GLA Class SUV diesel/manual. 22 days, £17,835
- 2016 BMW Z4 Convertible petrol/automatic. 22 days, £20,574
- 2016 Volkswagen Sharan MPV diesel/manual. 23 days, £16,547
- 2017 SEAT Leon Hatchback petrol/automatic. 23 days, £13,851
- 2016 Peugeot 308 SW Estate diesel/automatic. 23 days, £10,318
- 2016 BMW 2 Series Gran Tourer MPV diesel/manual. 24 days, £13,708
- 2016 Seat Alhambra MPV diesel/manual. 24 days, £15,329
- 2012 Hyundai ix35 Estate petrol/manual. 24 days, £7,035
- 2018 Citroen Grand C4 Picasso MPV diesel/manual. 25 days, £14,339
For information about how Click Dealer can help independent dealerships to increase efficiency and profitability, get in touch today via 01782 478220, email@example.com or through our use our contact page.