- January 16, 2019
- Posted by: Shahinur Miah
- Category: Tips For Dealers
We all know the power of social media and the massive potential it holds, with most of us having at least a few social media accounts, but how do you really use it for the benefit of your vehicle dealership?
What you’re looking for is social media engagement and this comes in the form of:
There’s a great analogy that a company’s social page should be like a dinner party rather than a one-way dialogue. It should be welcoming and encourage conversations between the hosts and guests as opposed to being a platform to just blast out your content to the world.
How to increase engagement
Here’s a short checklist to help you get started:
- Define your goal – Have a clear goal that relates to what your business has to offer and links to your brand. What will your followers gain from interacting with you on social media?
- Know your audience – What are your customer’s needs and desires and what do they want from your page? Social media ‘listening’ is very useful here, with plenty of tools available to help you understand your audience. Once you’ve done this, you’re better placed to know what social media tactics to use that’ll engage your audience and are now ready to create effective targeted content.
- Create and share valuable content – Come up with content that helps your audience address their needs and pain points, which can be creative solutions to their everyday lives or just something they’re interested in that’ll catch their attention.
- Stay topical – Make sure you’re up to date with topical and trending events, which are being heavily talked about already, so people will be quick to engage.
- Make a move – Your interactions can be split into two categories, reactive and proactive engagement. Ensure there’s a strategy in place with how you deal both types that’s consistent, reflects your brand culture and links back to your goals.
Follow these simple steps and you’ll be well on your way to establishing a presence for your dealership, that’ll strengthen your brand and help you get the most out of the powerful platform that is social media!
If you would like advice about social media marketing or to find out about Click Dealer’s social media packages, leave a comment below, or get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org or 01782 478220!